To keep a patent in force the holder must pay annuities to the patent office. In the case of the Andorran patent, these annuities entail much lower costs than in most countries, which represents an incentive for innovative companies to protect their inventions.
Additionally, Augé Legal&Fiscal offers complementary translation services (Catalan, Spanish, French, English, Russian, Portuguese, Italian and German)
– Strategy and coordination on patent applications in Andorra and abroad.
– Valorization of patent rights (“Patent Box”).
– Trademark registration queries (“monitoring” of competitors).
– Andorran patent application (in French, English, Catalan or Spanish, with a translation of the claims into Catalan).
– Assignment, patent licensing and technology transfer.
– Creation of a pledge on a patent.
– Limitation of the scope of protection of an Andorran patent.
– Declaration of non-infringement.
– Customs withholdings.
– Legal action due to patent infringement or patent annulment.
– Alternative means of dispute resolution: arbitration / mediation / settlement.
A machine patented in France and Spain could be freely imported and sold/marketed in Andorra, as long as the machine is not protected by an Andorran patent.